was originally conceived as a device to control unwanted spray.
Performance benefits became evident as the rails were installed on various
- Rails are manufactured from virgin engineered Polyvinylchloride
formulated to withstand the harsh marine environment.
- The rail is flexible so that it fits any hull design.
- The 2 bonding strips are applied to the Wall and Tail sections of the
rail at the factory. They are protected by a plastic guard and a release
liner to be removed at installation.
- A final application of a structural adhesive completes the permanent
bond to fiberglass, aluminum, steel, or prepared wooden hulls.
- The 9-foot sections can be bonded end-to-end to accommodate any boat
Rails installed on forward of amidships
- Greatly reduced spray
- Better visibility
Rails installed beyond amidships (FAST-RAILS®):
- Planing at lower RPM
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Increased top speed
(example: a 37 ft. Hatteras gained 5 knots by using The Smart-Rail at
the stern of the boat.)
- Improved tracking
- Softening of wave impact
- Stabilizing effect at rest
ILLUSTRATIONS, PLACEMENT GUIDE and PICTURES